Friday, February 1, 2013

The Bouquets

I've gone back and forth with myself on whether or not to go with silk flowers or fresh. Of course the budget-conscious side of me has decided to go with silk for the Bridesmaids and a Brooch Bouquet for myself.  I made the brooch bouquet & toss bouquet myself and purchased the Bridesmaids Bouquets from Afloral.com for $14/each.
Here's a breakdown of the spending:

My Brooch Bouquet: ~$35
We all have seen the bouquets online on Etsy starting around $275 and going up to nearly $1000. I couldn't see myself paying that kind of moolah. So I gathered up all my unused costume jewelry, along with some I had for a while that I purchased from a wholesaler a while ago (At one point, I was selling jewelry online).
My mom and aunts went through their jewelry boxes and donated all their un-used brooches and rings to me. Here's the supply list and cost breakdown:

$4: 1 Silk Hydrangea from Hobby lobby. (I got the nice one for $7.99. It was 1/2 off for $4.00)
$5: 22 Gauge jewelry wire. (I used 2 packs in silver since most of my jewelry was silver)
$1: Painters tape. (I already had this laying around the house.)
$2: Brown ribbon (On sale @ Hobby Lobby orig. $3.99)
$2: Floral Pins
$10: 3-D Flower stickers and Decorative buttons from Hobby Lobby (All 1/2 off . Packs came to about $2 each)
These are an example of the 3-d sticker flowers. Click HERE for link.
And these were both on sale. I used them in addition to a few others:
$2 1/2 off LINK$1Sale LINK



$0: Brooches/Jewelry/Rings I already had at my house & the ones I collected from family.
$10: Additional 99 cent brooches I found on Ebay
$1: Thread
$0: Christmas tree pearl garland (Left over from this past Christmas.

I viewed a tutorial on Youtube on how to put it all together.
Watch Youtube video: CLICK HERE

And here's what I came up with:

Then I made a toss bouquet with a pre-made bouquet from Hobby Lobby. On sale for $7.50
And I added some things left over from 
 Gerbera Bouquet (Caught 1/2 off sale) LINK

This is how it looks after I added rhinestones, 3-D Stickers and Ribbon. I used the same technique as I did with the Brooch bouquet.

Here are the Bridesmaids Bouquets (I'll add some jewels from the things I had left, later).

Bouquet LINK


So, my grand total for bouquets:
1 Brooch Bouquet $35
1 Toss Bouquet about $10
6 Bridesmaids Bouquets $84
TOTAL: $129

Amount left from last post $1050
- Brooches $129

Total left: $921



No comments:

Post a Comment