Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stress Reducer: Save Bridesmaids $$$ too!

With all the things to think about, whether your Bridesmaids will be able to afford their dresses doesn't have to be one of them. The goal is to make sure they look nice and coordinate with your wedding colors, so why make them pay $200 for a dress that they will probably never wear again!?
I looked to regular designers for great looking dresses at an affordable price & decided on Ann Taylor. She has great BM dresses and if you catch a sale, you can get them for a steal!
I had hoped to find a strapless, knee-length mocha dress, such as these:

The first one is $90 (Not too bad of a price) from Nordstrom and the 2nd one is from David's bridal for $149.
The dresses were actually priced well, but I knew I could do better. So my BMs ended up with these from Ann Taylor. We got the mocha dresses (Shown last) & they ended up paying $67! These dresses were originally $215! They are 100% Silk Taffeta. I think we got a great deal. 

Then the shoes. I wanted a mid-height peep-toe heel that was comfortable. So I shopped at Dillard's and found these suuuper comfortable shoes by Nurture. They were originally $90! We got them on sale for $31.99.

So, my Bm's total cost for clothing for my wedding was $99! 

I bought their jewelry (6 sets of pearls and earings) from Ebay for a TOTAL cost of (Drumroll...) $17 with shipping!! This for 6 sets!

I didn't include the cost of my BM's dresses & shoes with my bottom line since they bought their own. So my costs so far?
I had $2567 left from my last post. 
Deduct the $17 for the necklace and earring sets & I'm left with:
$2550 So far, so good!







No comments:

Post a Comment